Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bamboo Style Boho Waves Spray - Review


Hi everyone!
I have always craved naturally beach wave hair so I have tried multiple products to try and get it on my own. This was just another product I came across and decided to give a go but oh my, is it good or what? 
This is the Bamboo Style Boho Waves by Aterna. I must say, it is a bit on the pricey side at $22 for a 125ml bottle. However for what is does, personally, I think it's worth it. Also you don't actually use too much in each use so it is worth the price if you feel up to spending that much on a product. 

So what does this product really do? Well apart from giving you boho/beach waves it also gives you texture and makes your hair less frizzy which I love. Having long hair means I always have to struggle with flat hair as my hair is always weighed down. I usually use a bit of dry shampoo to give it a bit more texture and then another product to make it wavy. Having a two in one is amazing as I'm not using so much product on my hair and it just feels better. The waves last me all day depending on the weather. If it's raining and my hair gets wet then when it drys again I will have to use more if I want the waves back. However, when they are there, they're really loose textured waves.


It's also really easy to use. You need to get your hair damp first. Notice the word damp and not absolutely dripping wet. If you use this straight after coming out the shower, nothing is going to happen. You need your hair to be about 70% dry so that it will actually soak in the product instead of letting it run right off. I will usually get out the shower and then let my hair towel dry. Then when it is 70% dry I will spray it from root to end and scrunch it. I literally just scrunch the product into my hair and then I will take individual chunks and rub/scrunch it into those. This is what they mean by 'shape the hair' on the bottle. After my hair is completely dry I may use a bit more and then shape again.
If you aren't going to use it after a shower then you could always wet your hands and then dampen your hair with them or even get a spray bottle and hold it at arms length and then spray on.

Overall, I think this product is definitely worth the money and I would recommend it for both texture and beach waves.
Have you ever used a product like this? What were your thoughts?


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love the pictures! This product sounds really good too, I have frizzy hair too, so I really like products that tone it down. I'm following you now on google+ and bloglovin, check out my blog and if you like it follow me too. Let's keep in touch :)

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete